The next Radio Astronomy Group meeting will be Sunday 13th August 2017 at 10am. At the last meeting (Sunday 16th July) we worked really hard and rigged the Radio Jove masts and both sets of dipoles and ran the cables back into the cabin. There is work to do on both the Radio Jove and 21cm Hydrogen Line projects plus we've now got a new equipment rack for our gear!
A rough agenda for the 13th August meeting is:
- See how the Radio Jove dipoles & the 21cm dishes held up to the recent wild weather.
- Take a look at the new rack that we've now got (our gear has been moved into it already).
- Ray has connectors to make U-bends to connect the 21cm dishes to the front of the receiver whilst still being able to close the new rack door. :-)
- Check out the noisy channel on the 21cm receiver.
- Complete the cabling and look at the next stages of work on the Radio Jove gear.
- Any other business!
Look forward to seeing people there!
Radio astronomy working bee in progress. Radio Jove & 21cm hydrogen line protects getting worked on. pic.twitter.com/20q10MvImz— Mount Burnett Obsvy (@MBObservatory) August 13, 2017