Mount Burnett Observatory Inc will be 3 years old on Wednesday 21st January, so we will be celebrating on Saturday 24th with an open day and an evening BBQ, talk and celebration!
- 1pm until 6pm will be the MBO annual open day - everyone is welcome to come and visit to see what we do and our facilities.
- 6pm onwards will be our third birthday party, including...
- 7pm a talk by Perry Vlahos about what there is to see in the coming months sky, and..
- 8:30pm observing through the observatories telescopes (weather permitting)
During the day time we will have:
- Tours of the observatory
- A solar telescope for safe viewing of the sun (never look at the sun without proper protection, you will damage your eyes!)
- Interactive activities
- Astronomical videos and images
- Historical photo displays about the observatory
- ...and possibly a piece of the Murchison Widefield Array radio telescope!
Everyone is welcome and as an enticement anyone who has joined or rejoined by Saturday will be in the running for a great pair of Saxon 10x50 binoculars! :-)
Please note: MBO will always be closed on days of Severe, Extreme and Code Red fire ratings, please see the CFA website for that information.
Queues for dome at the MBO open day. Over 80 visitors in our first 3 hours, not including at least a dozen members! pic.twitter.com/q4wZ0uH9fm— Mount Burnett Obsvy (@MBObservatory) January 24, 2015
Sorry for lack of tweets, been flat out here, queues for talks in the dome, bust building and explaining MWA too! pic.twitter.com/LOvRqoR8lZ— Mount Burnett Obsvy (@MBObservatory) January 24, 2015