Dear Member of Mount Burnett Observatory,
This is to provide notice of the society’s Annual General Meeting to be held on:
Friday the 24th of November at 7pm
Mount Burnett Observatory
420 Paternoster Road Mount Burnett
The AGM will be the centrepiece of a fun evening. Events begin with a barbecue at 6pm. Following the meeting, Jason Wood, MP, member for La Trobe will officially open the new dome. At 8:30 our own guest speaker, Neil Creek, will be speaking on "Astrophotography Through a Telescope". Finally there will be tours of the new dome and viewing through our telescopes (weather permitting).
- 6:00PM BBQ
- 7:00PM Annual General Meeting
- 8:00PM Official Opening of new dome/telescope
- 8:30PM Guest speaker, Neil Creek - Astrophotography Through a Telescope
- 9:30PM Telescope viewing (weather permitting)
In accordance with rule 30 of our association rules the AGM must be held to:
- Confirm the minutes of the previous AGM.
- Receive the Committee’s report on the previous year’s activities.
- Vote to accept the association financial statement for the club’s previous financial year (which ended June 30th 2017).
- Elect a new committee.
- Confirm or vary the membership fee.
Committee reports will be made available to all members via email at least 48 hours before the meeting.
All members of the association are entitled to attend the meeting.
Members are eligible to vote if they are over the age of 15 and have been a member for more than 10 days by the time of the meeting.
Members eligible to vote and who are aged 18 or above are entitled to nominate for a position on the 2017 committee. Verbal nominations for committee positions will be accepted during the AGM or nominations may be submitted in writing in advance using the attached nomination form.
Committee positions to be filled at the AGM are:
- A number of Ordinary Committee Members (as determined at the AGM)
Anthony Ferriere (secretary)
James Murray (president)
on behalf of the 2017 MBO committee
Lovely slideshow of the various events MBO has been involved with this year (not a comprehensive list). pic.twitter.com/ka4ZLwa9X0— Mount Burnett Obsvy (@MBObservatory) November 24, 2017