Some of the most wonderful things to see in the sky are best placed now and this Friday night our President - Perry Vlahos, will take us on a tour of the July sky so that you may see them for yourself in his illustrated 'Sky for the Month' presentation. First he'll show you how to find them using the Starry Night software, and then in situ outside using a high powered laser pointer. Bring your binoculars, we'll supply the telescopes, and download, print and bring along a copy of the southern sky for July from the link below. Supper is provided and visitors are welcome. Members' Night is on every Friday 8pm.
This Fridays' Members' Night will see Barry Cleland running an interactive Q & A to try to answer some of the following deep questions:
- What is a gaseous nebula and how are star formed. Give examples.
- Open Star Clusters – What are they. Give examples.
- Lives of Stars from birth to death and how this depends on the mass of the star at its birth.
- Globular Clusters – What are they. Give examples.
- Galaxies – different types. Give examples.
- Planets – different types.
- Habitable zones
- Extrasolar planets
Following the Q & A there will be supper, and weather permitting, sky observing through our telescopes. Please consider the neighbours and drive in using low beam only, or better still, parking lights.
Members' Night is on every Friday commencing at 8PM. Visitors are always welcome.